Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My favorite Film


I don’t be a great cinema lover, but definitely if a think in my favorite movie, I think immediately in Across the Universe. This is a recent musical. It was released in the 2007, and was directed by for Julie Taymor. I found this movie in 2009`s summer.
This is a romantic musical that related the history of “Jude” (Hey Jude) and “Lucy” ( Lucy in the sky with diamonds) which fall in love in the context of the Vietnam War. The history to advance at the United States after Jude travel to USA from Liverpool, to looking for his father.
In USA Jude met to Lucy, who was the sister on his best friend. All they move to New York and rent a room to a Singer called Sadie (inspired in Janis Joplin), who has a great band of music.
When the brother or Lucy receive orders to go how soldier to Vietnam, Lucy to become involved in a dangerous anti-war movement.
All the musical compositions in the film are songs of The Beatles, in total are 34 songs, and each scene is related with the song, but maybe we need think very much the real meaning of them.
My favorite scene is the song that Jude sing for Lucy over an skyscraper (All you need is Love), this scene is a tribute for the last concert to The Beatles: Rooftop Concert (London, 1969).

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen still this film but your comment motivates me to see this film. Moreover, I love The Beatles' songs. This film should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caro :)
    Good movie…I like “Across the universe”, because I love The Beatles.

    ReplyDelete