Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Image


This picture couldn`t be very original. Everybody has seen the moon in many opportunities in our lives. But this picture is special for me because I remember many beautiful moments with it. I took this photo in April 2008, when I was 16 years old. I went to The Elqui Valley with my classmates for two week. We visited many different places how the Ovalle Museum, The Gabriela Mistral `house, her Tomb, The Charm Valley ( an archaeological site) and many typical places of the Area of Coquimbo and La Serena. This travel was very beautiful and relaxing, and it was a gift to the school for my Class.
This particular photo was taken in a visit to the Mamalluca Observatory. This place is approximately one hour to Elqui Valley, and is really a beautiful and special experience when you can see the sky in this area. The visit consist in a presentation where an astronomist explain you the methods that they use in this observatory and the investigations that here realize for studies the stars, planets and galaxy. Then, he`ll show you any important stars, planets and other particularities in the sky (I saw the constellation of my zodiac sign!).
The photo was taken for me with an enormous telescope of the observatory; this telescope can be utilized for the visitors with the supervision and help to the guide.

5 comments:

  1. i think that your picture its very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture could seem not original but the moon and the moment never repeat again, every moment is unique. Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really hard to take pictures of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. The places you visited, offer more than 300 clear nights a year, this is a unique feature!

    ReplyDelete