Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Favorite Singer


The topic for this week is free, and I decided that I will take the opportunity for write about my favorite singer, that I could say, he is my favorite “poet” too, because I think that the lyrics of his songs are wonderful.
He is Enrique Bunbury. He doesn’t very popular in Chile, I don’t know the reason.. Maybe because not play his songs on the radio that most people to listening (the only radio in which I've heard his songs is in the “Radio Futuro”)
His real name is Enrique Ortiz de Landázuri Izardui, He took the artisitc surname of a story by Oscar Wilde.
He born in Spain in 1967 and He began his career as musician when He became in the Vocalist of the band “Heroes del Silencio” (one of my favorite bands). This band lasted from 1984 to 2007, but they had a break up from 1996 to 2007, and in this time Bunbury made a career as a solo singer.
if I have to compare the style of Heroes del Silencio with a band known to give you an idea of this music, I could say they are a strange mix between The Doors and Led Zeppelin (but in Spanish), and of course, Bunbury in his solo career takes a lot of this style, because he was who composed the lyrics of songs to Heroes. But in my opinion in his later works, his songs sound more like Andrés Calamaro or Gustavo Cerati and not as those psychedelic rock bands of the 80.
He is my favorite singer, because I always find one of his song that applies to some moment in my life, sometimes it is terrible … I think all people have felt the same sometime.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know the singer but I heard the song and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard his song a few times on the radio and his songs (music and lyric) are good. I think that this singer should be more popular.

    ReplyDelete